With a long zoom and apt imaging, the black Nikon COOLPIX B600 is a flexible point-and-shoot suitable for photographing in a wide variety of conditions. A 16MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED image processing yield high-resolution, well-defined imagery with a broad ISO 125-6400 sensitivity range and a quick 7-fps shooting rate for photographing moving subjects. Full HD video recording is also supported, at 30p and 60i, and 4-axis Hybrid VR helps to steady video footage for smoother recording. Complementing the imaging assets is the impressive 60x Zoom-NIKKOR ED lens, which covers a 24-1440mm equivalent focal length range to suit shooting in nearly any situation. Lens-shift VR benefits stills shooting at long focal lengths and with slower shutter speeds, and compensates for the effects of camera shake for up to three stops. Rounding out the B600's feature-set, the camera has a rear 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless sharing and control, and a slew of Scene and Creative modes to further enhance the look of your imagery.
16MP 1/2.3" CMOS SensorA high-resolution 16MP 1/2.3" CMOS sensor affords impressive image quality with enhanced sensitivity from ISO 125-6400 to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions. The sensor and EXPEED image processing also affords quick performance throughout the camera system, including a continuous-shooting rate of up to 7 fps.
Zoom-NIKKOR ED 60x Zoom LensA wide-ranging NIKKOR 60x optical zoom lens provides a 24-1440mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to super telephoto perspectives, and its range can effectively be doubled through the use of Dynamic Fine Zoom for a total 120x zoom magnification. Lens-shift Vibration Reduction balances this awesome length by compensating for the effects of up to three stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the lens' optical design incorporates extra-low dispersion glass to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for cleaner, clearer image quality.
Full HD Video RecordingIn addition to stills recording, Full HD video recording is supported in both 30p and 60i frame rates for clips up to 29 minutes long. For steadying recording, 4-axis Hybrid Vibration Reduction can be used to suppress the effects of camera shake that occur while moving when recording. Additionally, a Short Movie Show feature lets you combine several clips into a 30-second movie collage that can be accentuated with Special Effects and different soundtracks.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- The ergonomic body design resembles a DSLR and incorporates a large grip for more stable shooting.
- A 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor is available for clear live view shooting, image playback, and menu navigation.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy work in conjunction with Nikon's SnapBridge system for connecting the camera with a mobile device in order to wirelessly share images between devices as well as remotely control the camera.
- EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 280 shots per charge.
- An HDMI port permits connecting the camera directly to an HDTV for high-resolution playback.
- Built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
- Target Finding AF automatically assesses the scene, recognizes intended subjects, and then adjusts the AF area according to the subject's size to better ensure clearly focused images.
- The contrast-detection autofocus system and Subject Tracking function also work to maintain focus on moving subjects.
- Smart Portrait System utilizes a series of automatic functions, including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Face Priority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening, and D-Lighting to produce better portraits.
- Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the type of scene you are photographing and selects one of six commonly used scene modes to alleviate the need to manually select your mode.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten records multiple shots into one frame to creatively capture moving subjects, such as fireworks.
- Creative Mode options let you produce artistically-refined imagery in-camera.
- Scene Modes: Backlighting, Beach, Bird Watching, Close Up, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Moon, Multiple Exposure Lighten, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Scene Auto Selector, Smart Portrait, Snow, Sports, and Sunset.
- In-camera image editing modes: Copy, D-Lighting, Filter Effects, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, Skin Softening, and Small Picture.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.